How To Use The 12/1 Lighting Method For Efficient Marijuana Cultivation

Hempatia Soma iGrow Hemps garden

zlavjestica

Superstrpljiva neurotichna konsultantica
Poznanik Foruma
By Dennis Ford
I’d like to talk about a subject you will here about often on Cannabis Dynamics. The 12/1 lighting method.
The 12/1 is a very simple concept, but for some reason has been very hard to catch on. People just don’t believe its that easy or that it works as well as it does.
In a standard lighting scheme, we have all come to believe in basically one or two camps. I won’t get into who’s behind the whole “conspiracy” of keeping 12/1 out of the masses, but if you want to hear some good shit please see John P. RN (you know who!) or Joseph Pietri on Facebook. There are some interesting stories, but the truth is the current methods that 99% of growers use create a very telltale footprint for LEO to follow if they begin to suspect you.
I’ve found that for veg growth there are the two camps of 18/6 and 24/0 (18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness, this is not how 12/1 works though, that will be explained below). The fact is that all plants need a darkness period to process the days energy into food and growth. Therefore your doing yourself absolutely no favors using a 24/0 for anything other than cloning. All you have to do is look outside, there are only 2 places on earth that ever get 24 hour light at any point, and you aren’t going to find ANYTHING growing there. Cloning of course is not of nature, we are tricking nature, so we put the plant into a constant light period to facilitate this. We’ll talk a lot more about cloning someday in another post. 18/6 works on the other hand, but the truth is your wasting light. Its time to wake up! Its time to trick nature again!

Truth is you really only need to break up the photosynthesis dark period with an hour of light to maintain veg, and in doing so you give the little lady a massive darkness processing/growth period. 12/1 is simply 12 hours on, 5.5 hours off, 1 hour on, and 5.5 hours off. Then repeat through your entire veg period.

Again!
12 hours ON, 5.5 hours OFF, 1 hour ON, and 5.5 hours OFF for each 24 hour period.

This is only for VEGETATIVE PERIOD, we have another simple process to follow for flowering.
We are also not going to discuss nutrients or tea’s just yet either. Those will be other posts coming soon.
For vegetation, this is all you need to know lighting wise. Trust me, I was skeptical at first too, but John P. RN really convinced me after spending a couple years of listening to Joseph Pietri to try it. It worked great for him, and now it works great for me.
One of the obvious first things you’ll see is a significant drop in your power bill. Who doesn’t love that? But also your doing one other thing, breaking up the light period to prevent a multi-year footprint that LEO might find matches footprints they are looking for.

FOR FLOWERING!
Flowering is simple as well, but its important during this delicate period in a plants life cycle to follow as closely what the evolution of the plant is looking for. Veg is different, the plant just wants to grow as big and lovely as it can. During flowering the plant is following a very specific genetic code for its conduct to continue the propagation of its species. This is why we adjust our lighting every 2 weeks.
When we begin flowering, move everything to 11 hours on, and 13 hours off. You will keep this for 2 weeks, then drop the lighting period by 30 minutes, I.E. after two weeks you will switch to 10.5 hours on, and 13.5 hours off. Continue this 30 minute drop every 2 weeks until you reach 9 hours on/ 15 hours off. Finish your flowering at this lighting.
Trust me, have a look at some of the pics below. These plants were all grown, in the various stages you see here, using these methods.
12/1 works people, save yourself some money, and maybe just save your ass!

Dennis Ford, Cannabis Dynamics
Big thank you to John P. RN and Joseph Pietri!

link sa original txt-om i fotkama :
http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-use-the-121-lighting-method-for-efficient-marijuana-cultivation/

• Sviđa mi se
Reactions: XRumerTest

PowerSeed

fuckin' admin
Urednik
Administrator
Bekaa Valley
interesting, vegetative -> 12 hours ON, 5.5 hours OFF, 1 hour ON, and 5.5 hours OFF for each 24 hour period
flowering -> 11 hours on, and 13 hours off [2 weeks], then drop the lighting period by 30 minutes, switch to 10.5 hours on, and 13.5 hours off. Continue this 30 minute drop every 2 weeks until you reach 9 hours on/ 15 hours off
will try next time

• Sviđa mi se
Reactions: mr.dr.Smok

He-Man

√-1 <3 π
Urednik
Eternia
Well known light regime, also called "Gas Lantern routine".

Thought about it before, might as well try it for my next run.

zlavjestica

Superstrpljiva neurotichna konsultantica
Poznanik Foruma
of course it is...but not just that... i like it 'cause during flowering period is more natural - reducing lighting 30 min. every two weeks - it's ( more or less ) like shortening of daylight..

loop

veteran spliffer
altough not '12/1' type of regime,this one is also interesting,(it's called the' 21.36/12 photoperiod')but requires some sort of digital 24/7 timer-

[DISCLAIMER]: This information is provided as experimental data and not fact.

'The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the "sun" only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant's metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won't see 49 - 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed.

The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other enviromental conditions are kept optimal.

The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don't have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system's capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don't be afraid!

Day 1 - Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 - Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 - Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 - Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 - Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm'
(taken from 420 MAGAZINE)
i find this amusing,and intriguing....guess I'll maybe try either one of these in some next grow..
but keep in mind
'The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other enviromental conditions are kept optimal.'

trubabuba

Aktivan Član
planet earth
Hi all.
I know it's a bit old thread but I'm really interested to know if anyone tried this method cos this is first time I hear about this method?
thanks,

edit: zahvaljujem kolega mario339