EC metar

Hempatia Soma iGrow Hemps garden
Ako je EC metar onda verovatno dobijes EC vrednost. :D
Time se meri elektricna provodljivost. EC - electrical conductivity.
Sad dal to ima neke primene u uzgoju neam pojma..
Sry Stipe, ja sam editovao..

Poslednja izmena:

trubabuba

Aktivan Član
planet earth
ovo su moje biljeske pa izvuci sta te interesira ili malo procackaj po web-u.

-----------------------
rezultat u microS (npr. 600), decimala 3 mjesta u lijevo = 0.6 miliS ili 0.6EC
-----------------------
How do I convert my readings from TDS to EC and vice versa?

To get the approximateTDS value, simply multiply the EC reading (in mircoSiemens/cm) by 1000 and divide by 2. To get an EC value, multiply the ppm reading by 2 and divide by 1000.
For example if your EC is 1:
1 x 1000/2 = 500ppm

And if your ppm is 500:
500 x 2/1000 = 1EC
-----------------------
EC Meters Tutorial

Ok guys I've decided to write this tutorial on the correct use of EC meters in hydroponics.
I know from reading diaries/posts on here that it is a subject that comes up regularly so hopefully this will address most of the issues.

Let's start at the beginning, EC refers to the electrical conductivity of an object, in our case the EC of our hydro reservoir.
The EC is a measure of the nutrient solutions ability to conduct electricity which is useful because it depends on the amount of nutes so more nutes means higher EC and vice versa.
Much of the confusion surrounding EC is caused because there are three different units of measurement that are used

1 )siemens per meter s/m or sm-1
2 )parts per million ppm
3 )total dissolved solids tds

The last two units are defunct and soon to be assigned to the dustbin of history while the first is the internationally recognized unit adopted by the scientific community so I will only be dealing with that.
OK as we have seen the basic unit of EC is the siemen per meter, i.e. it's ability to conduct electricity over a known distance.
Now that is all fine and dandy but for our purposes it can be a bit unwieldy because we are measuring very, very small readings.
For example if I go and take a reading from my res just now my digital EC meter might say
"123" with a small "x10" symbol flashing in the corner. So what does that mean?
Well first off you have to be aware that most hydro EC meters are calibrated to give readings in micro siemens per meter (us/m or usm-1) not siemens per meter.
This is shown by a "us" symbol above the display and most digital hydro EC meters will have this symbol.
So in this example my meter is telling me I have a EC of 123x10 micro siemens per meter or 1230 us/m.
OK great I have a reading from my meter in units I understand so how does this relate to my grow?
If you are a hydro grower then you will be familiar with feeding schedules like the one I use for my canna aqua nutes.
Pay attrention to the recommended EC levels on the right hand column of these table.
You'll see numbers like 1.2-1.4 so you probably wonder how that relates to my previous reading of 1230 us/m?
If you look closely at the bottom of the table you'll see that recommended maximum EC is given as 2.8ms/cm or 2.8 milli siemens per centimeter so what does this mean?
This tells me that all EC values in the table are given in milli siemens and not micro siemens so we have to take that into account.
2.8ms/cm =2.8 x10-3 siemens per centimeter = 0.0028 siemens per centimeter, done by moving the decimal point 3 places to the left as indicated by the "milli" prefix.
Another thing to notice is the move away from siemens per meter to siemens per centimeter but this doesn't matter because the measurement is still taken over a known distance and this is already dialled into you EC meter so don't worry about it just concentrate on the siemens value.
Basically the move away from siemens to milli siemens is done merely for convenience, it's easier to write 2.8 ms than 0.0028 s.
So basically what we want to do is convert our meter reading in micro siemens into the more commonly used milli siemens. How do we do that.
OK back to the example.
I have a reading of 1230 us that I want to express in ms.
1230 micro siemens = 1230 millionths of a siemen = 1230x10-6 = 0.001230 siemens done by moving the decimal point six places to the left as indicated by the micro prefix.
0.001230 siemens = 1.230 milli siemens done by moving the decimal point 3 places to the right.
So now I have my answer in terms I can work with, my EC is 1.23 milli siemens.
So that is what all the maths boils down to in the end, you will be converting from micro siemens to milli siemens to tie in your readings with the feeding guides and all you have to do is move the decimal point 3 places to the left.
for example
1)meter reading = 500 = 0.5 milli siemens
2)meter reading = 100 x10 = 1000 micro siemens = 1.0 milli siemen
3)meter reading = 190 x10 = 1900 micro siemens = 1.9 milli siemen
-----------------------
EC to ppm Conversion Chart
We always talk in terms of EC (Electric Conductivity). This is because EC is a universal standard. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for ppm where different countries apply different EC to ppm conversion rates. I.e. There is no single universal standard.

It is important to note that all ppm (TDS, Total Dissolved Solids) pens first measure in EC (electric conductivity) and then run a conversion program to display the reading in ppm. It is important to note that there are three different conversion factors (standards) that various manufacturers use for converting from EC to ppm. These can be simply stated as:

USA 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
European 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Australian 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

For example,

Hanna, Milwaukee 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
Eutech 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Truncheon 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm
-----------------------
A note to Organic Growers:
An EC meter has fewer applications for a soil grower because many organic nutrients are not electrically charged or are inert. Things like Superthrive or Fish Emulsion, blood meal, rock phosphate or green sand cannot be measured with a meter reliably when they are applied or in runoff. Meters can only measure electrically charged salts in solution.
-----------------------

DiskoKobaja

Banned
Banovan
Madelin
sad mi je jos manje jasno... KAd citam recimo neki grow report ili grow info na stranicama strainhuntersa npr "The Skunk Autoflowering can take high EC levels, up to 2.0 during flowering." kako da to primjenim s ovim metrom??
ako je meni vrijednost 160 koju dobijem kad ga umocim u pognojenu vodu sta jet to znaci da sam pognoio sa 1.6ec ili sta??
ovo na enggleskom me jos vise pogubilo..Moj metar je s ebaya pise veliko us na njemu... nema nikakvih uputa..

Evo recimo zadnje zaljevanje mi je bio runOff 245 po tom metru... Molim primjer primjene u neku stvarnu vrijednost koju mogu upotrijebit...

ovo su moje biljeske pa izvuci sta te interesira ili malo procackaj po web-u.

-----------------------
rezultat u microS (npr. 600), decimala 3 mjesta u lijevo = 0.6 miliS ili 0.6EC
-----------------------
How do I convert my readings from TDS to EC and vice versa?

To get the approximateTDS value, simply multiply the EC reading (in mircoSiemens/cm) by 1000 and divide by 2. To get an EC value, multiply the ppm reading by 2 and divide by 1000.
For example if your EC is 1:
1 x 1000/2 = 500ppm

And if your ppm is 500:
500 x 2/1000 = 1EC
-----------------------
EC Meters Tutorial

Ok guys I've decided to write this tutorial on the correct use of EC meters in hydroponics.
I know from reading diaries/posts on here that it is a subject that comes up regularly so hopefully this will address most of the issues.

Let's start at the beginning, EC refers to the electrical conductivity of an object, in our case the EC of our hydro reservoir.
The EC is a measure of the nutrient solutions ability to conduct electricity which is useful because it depends on the amount of nutes so more nutes means higher EC and vice versa.
Much of the confusion surrounding EC is caused because there are three different units of measurement that are used

1 )siemens per meter s/m or sm-1
2 )parts per million ppm
3 )total dissolved solids tds

The last two units are defunct and soon to be assigned to the dustbin of history while the first is the internationally recognized unit adopted by the scientific community so I will only be dealing with that.
OK as we have seen the basic unit of EC is the siemen per meter, i.e. it's ability to conduct electricity over a known distance.
Now that is all fine and dandy but for our purposes it can be a bit unwieldy because we are measuring very, very small readings.
For example if I go and take a reading from my res just now my digital EC meter might say
"123" with a small "x10" symbol flashing in the corner. So what does that mean?
Well first off you have to be aware that most hydro EC meters are calibrated to give readings in micro siemens per meter (us/m or usm-1) not siemens per meter.
This is shown by a "us" symbol above the display and most digital hydro EC meters will have this symbol.
So in this example my meter is telling me I have a EC of 123x10 micro siemens per meter or 1230 us/m.
OK great I have a reading from my meter in units I understand so how does this relate to my grow?
If you are a hydro grower then you will be familiar with feeding schedules like the one I use for my canna aqua nutes.
Pay attrention to the recommended EC levels on the right hand column of these table.
You'll see numbers like 1.2-1.4 so you probably wonder how that relates to my previous reading of 1230 us/m?
If you look closely at the bottom of the table you'll see that recommended maximum EC is given as 2.8ms/cm or 2.8 milli siemens per centimeter so what does this mean?
This tells me that all EC values in the table are given in milli siemens and not micro siemens so we have to take that into account.
2.8ms/cm =2.8 x10-3 siemens per centimeter = 0.0028 siemens per centimeter, done by moving the decimal point 3 places to the left as indicated by the "milli" prefix.
Another thing to notice is the move away from siemens per meter to siemens per centimeter but this doesn't matter because the measurement is still taken over a known distance and this is already dialled into you EC meter so don't worry about it just concentrate on the siemens value.
Basically the move away from siemens to milli siemens is done merely for convenience, it's easier to write 2.8 ms than 0.0028 s.
So basically what we want to do is convert our meter reading in micro siemens into the more commonly used milli siemens. How do we do that.
OK back to the example.
I have a reading of 1230 us that I want to express in ms.
1230 micro siemens = 1230 millionths of a siemen = 1230x10-6 = 0.001230 siemens done by moving the decimal point six places to the left as indicated by the micro prefix.
0.001230 siemens = 1.230 milli siemens done by moving the decimal point 3 places to the right.
So now I have my answer in terms I can work with, my EC is 1.23 milli siemens.
So that is what all the maths boils down to in the end, you will be converting from micro siemens to milli siemens to tie in your readings with the feeding guides and all you have to do is move the decimal point 3 places to the left.
for example
1)meter reading = 500 = 0.5 milli siemens
2)meter reading = 100 x10 = 1000 micro siemens = 1.0 milli siemen
3)meter reading = 190 x10 = 1900 micro siemens = 1.9 milli siemen
-----------------------
EC to ppm Conversion Chart
We always talk in terms of EC (Electric Conductivity). This is because EC is a universal standard. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for ppm where different countries apply different EC to ppm conversion rates. I.e. There is no single universal standard.

It is important to note that all ppm (TDS, Total Dissolved Solids) pens first measure in EC (electric conductivity) and then run a conversion program to display the reading in ppm. It is important to note that there are three different conversion factors (standards) that various manufacturers use for converting from EC to ppm. These can be simply stated as:

USA 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
European 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Australian 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

For example,

Hanna, Milwaukee 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
Eutech 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Truncheon 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm
-----------------------
A note to Organic Growers:
An EC meter has fewer applications for a soil grower because many organic nutrients are not electrically charged or are inert. Things like Superthrive or Fish Emulsion, blood meal, rock phosphate or green sand cannot be measured with a meter reliably when they are applied or in runoff. Meters can only measure electrically charged salts in solution.
-----------------------

Poštovani,
obzirom da vidim da izvrsno vladate situacijom vezano za ec metar molim vas kratki odgovor...
naime danas mi je stigao ec metar hanna 4 (te napomenu da se za taj model vrijednost dobivena na ekranu mnozi sa 100) i dobio sam uz njega nesto kao certifikat kalibracije na kojemu pise sljedeče:
calibration 12880 mikroS/cm pa ispod toga
test 1: 16000microS/cm ---reading 160 pa ispod toga
test 2:5000microS/cm---reading 50
e sad kad ga stavim u obicnu vodu pokazuje 8...
Moje pitanje nije u smjeru da mi objasnjavate sto to detaljno znaci vec ako mi netko iz ovih parametara koje sam dao moze reci koja je optimalna a koja najvisa vrijednost koja je dopuštena...pa bi se po tome ravnao...
hvala!

Jesi kalibrirao metar sa tekucinom 12880 ?
Ne,oni su ga valjda prije isporuke,to zaključujem obzirom da vrijednosti koje sam Vam napisao su rukom ispisane i dosle su u kutiji s ec...
Ne znam je li moje pitanje dovoljno razumljivo...dakle u koliko se razumijete vezano uz temu najvise bi mi pomogli ako bi znali u kojim vrijednostima bi se trebao kretati?

mario339

Medical Grower
Urednik
Grow Support
Nesto ti nisi dobro pohvato..... Prvo sto trebas je procitati upustva i kalibrirati metar i onda ce ti sve biti puno jasnije a te cifre su ti samo reference da znas kako ocitava metar...znaci 5000ms ce ti metar pokazivati 50 , 500ms ce biti 5 itd....znaci kad bi htjeo da ti je ec 1200ms metar ce ti pokazivat 12 (valjda je tako neka me netko ispravi ako grijesim)

Sto se tice kalibracije mislim da taj metar ispod poklopca na vrhu ima sarafic kojim stelas odredjenu vrijednost znaci umocis ga u tekucinu 12880 i saraficem u uvrces lijevo ili desno ovisi o vrijednosti koja pise na displeju dok nedobijes da ti pise 12880 tad imas kalibrira metar

Nesto ti nisi dobro pohvato..... Prvo sto trebas je procitati upustva i kalibrirati metar i onda ce ti sve biti puno jasnije a te cifre su ti samo reference da znas kako ocitava metar...znaci 5000ms ce ti metar pokazivati 50 , 500ms ce biti 5 itd....znaci kad bi htjeo da ti je ec 1200ms metar ce ti pokazivat 12 (valjda je tako neka me netko ispravi ako grijesim)

Sto se tice kalibracije mislim da taj metar ispod poklopca na vrhu ima sarafic kojim stelas odredjenu vrijednost znaci umocis ga u tekucinu 12880 i saraficem u uvrces lijevo ili desno ovisi o vrijednosti koja pise na displeju dok nedobijes da ti pise 12880 tad imas kalibrira metar

evo sada sam dobio mail od prodavača u kojem piše da su ga oni netom prije slanja kalibrirali na 12880...
da li je to optimalna vrijednost koju trebam dobiti prilikom mjerenja vode pomjesane s gnoivom...netko je na forumu napisao da je optimalna vrijednost 1.8 da li je to u mom slucaju 18 ili 180?
evo uputstva pa molim vas zavirite...moj model je HI96304 i u gornjem lijevom kutu mi piše 100
http://hannainst.com/manuals/manHI_96301_302_303_304.pdf

Poslednja izmena:

mario339

Medical Grower
Urednik
Grow Support
Ako su ga kalibrirali onda uredu a ec ti zavisi od velicine biljki i nacina uzgoja ( hydro ili zemlja)

Poslednja izmena od urednika: